Monday, June 21, 2010

21 June 2010 - SMI™ Talk

Hi guys! It has been a long while since my last episode of SMI™ Talk, which I honestly apologize as I've been on the road for the most part of the last 2 months. I'm sure some of you have noticed my irregularity in posting times already, and again, you have my most sincere apologies. Nonetheless, I've now more or less settled down in Malaysia for the summer, and I'll be moving back to the States after that.

Anyway, moving on to my strategy for this week, and quite possibly the same strategy for the whole summer as a matter of fact. If you've missed out on my last few posts, here's the >link<>

1) Cash out your investment - Stack away your principal and prepare for a market rebounce after the summer

2) Study the industry - Watch and learn how the industry operates and the signs of impending collapse -- you'll learn much from just reading the newsletters from different HYIPs.

As far as I'm concerned, there is simply no one program in the industry that's worth my investment at the moment. I'm just playing around with short-term programs such as MoneyTree and ProfitChill, both of which have paid me without fail so far. Nonetheless, I'm not committing myself to any serious investments as I did in the past with TopFinancial, GNI and GeniusFunds. A simple rationale to that is most of these programs, despite what the admins claim as long-term investment programs, are in reality just short-lived games with no definite earning opportunity. In the past, programs such as GeniusFunds offered me a chance to make a stable, long-term income. Nowadays, I'm happy to make a few bucks. While many are still denying the reality, cold, hard facts remain -- the industry is suffering and the way we play these games needs to change.

With regards to "how" we change the game, I'm thinking perhaps we should first forfeit the idea of having a "balanced" portfolio. What does this mean? Well, I've always been a strong and firm advocate of diversifying your funds, but these days I simply do not see any reason why you should do so. For example, instead of splitting $100 among 10 different programs, with 8 to 9 of them possibly collapsing within the next few weeks, I would suggest keeping $50 in your pocket and investing just $50 in 2 or 3 really solid and reliable programs. Yes, I know there's not really a so-called "solid and reliable" program in the industry at the moment, but I'll explain more on how to identify the ones that are truly worth your time and investment later in this post. Anyway, as you invest half of your initial funds, the other $50 can be stored away until after this Summer. I'm sure, judging from the current investment climate, you are better off keeping the $50 than simply investing it for the sake of investing.

For the other $50, you have to identify which program's worth your money. First off, choose the programs based on the payment processors offered. Many investors choose the programs based on the interest rates offered, but I counteroffer you a different method of investing. Choose the programs based on the payment processors. For example, right now I only invest in programs that offer AlertPay and SolidTrustPay. Of course, as I'm a blogger and entrepreneur, sometimes I take a risk and invest in other programs that do not comply with my this one condition. However, for you guys, I would recommend joining only programs that offer AlertPay as a means of deposit because in the unfortunate, but highly likely, event that the program scams, at least you have a chance of recuperating your principal.

Secondly, avoid any program that offers a return after 10 to 15 days (assuming that you're only investing in short-term programs as I do). Whenever I see a program that offers plans like 135% after 10 days or 150% after 15 days, I know that's a program I have to avoid. Regardless of the admin's intention (whether or not he intends on running an honest program), no program will survive if the funds dry out. And in our current climate, the chances that a program runs out of funds after the 1st cycle (say, a 3-day plan) is higher than ever before. Reason? Hit-n-runners often leech off these programs and move on to other ones without reinvesting a single cent back. These are the worst type of investors.

Finally, stay away from long-term programs for now. Yes, I do admit that I've always encouraged you guys to invest in long-term programs as the lower ROI offers, in exchange, a more sustainable program which in turn translates to safer investment. But right now, most programs scam just before you recuperate your profit. There's no point in receiving daily earnings that eventually total up less than your principal right? As that would mean you're not earning -- you're losing money.

While there are several more things that you might want to consider prior to investing, I think these 3 "how-to"s are more than sufficient to help you make a wiser decision during this summer.

Scam of the Week: InvestiHeaven

If we subject InvestiHeaven under close scrutiny, this program has demonstrated that how sly and foul an admin can be in trying to steal money from investors. Prior to scamming, the admin sent out a newsletter pretending to have big plans for the program in the future, such as heavy advertising on major forums and monitors. If he really did intend to advertise, I would assume that he would jump on any opportunity to promote his program, and that means he would naturally accept my invitation for him to be interviewed. Nevertheless, he bluntly declined the opportunity and didn't mention of any interest to promote his program on my blog as well. This comes as a surprise after I read his last newsletter (prior to closure) because he openly noted that he was intending to promote his program across all major forums and monitors, which contradicted his actual actions. Drawing from experience, when an admin starts lying to his members, that's a sure sign that the cash flow's having a serious problem. Well, either that, or the admin's preparing to run.

If there's anything to be learned from this case, it is that always ask for more information from forum owners or monitors, because most of the time, they know the insider information, especially with regards to promotion and advertising offers. If the admin of a program purchases a week-long advertising, that could very likely mean the program's not going to last longer than that period of time. However, there are some monitors and bloggers who would cooperate with admins to cheat you of your hard-earned money. Therefore, I would recommend coming back to my blog often, and don't hesitate to send me an email because I'll do my best to provide the most accurate and reliable information for you!

Well, that's it from me for this edition of SMI™ Talk! I'll keep you posted on more industry news!





No comments:

Post a Comment